On Wednesday 16 January 2002 07:28, Hamlin Nicholas-qa568 wrote:
> Easier yet, when using DBI::mysql, is:
>
> my $IncrementedID = $dbh->{'mysql_insertid'};
>

> When executed after the INSERT command.

Does this now work with 64-bit auto-increment fields now in DBI?  As of
less than a year ago, DBI would incorrectly truncate the result to 32-bits
and we had to use the SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() method instead.  A real pain
to track down all the code that used the old method :-(

We prefix some of our IDs with server IDs and when we tried a server with
a number so high that the ID was outside the range of 2^32, we got garbage
:-(

Best,
Kyle

--
Cut costs, Fax smart.  Use iPrint2Fax worldwide and save!
- iPrint2Fax software is FREE, no fax modem required.