Hy all,
I just try to set up Replication with two mysql databases,
i did everything like described in the Replication-Howto.

Now i get the following errors when starting the slave:

020117 18:37:55  mysqld started
Can't initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set
/usr/sbin/mysqld-max: ready for connections
020117 18:37:55  Slave: connected to master '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306',
replication started in log 'samba-bin.001' at position 536
ERROR: 1017  Can't find file: './tropon_0000001/Tagesberichte.frm'
(errno: 13)
020117 18:37:55  Slave:  error running query 'CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
TB_Tage TYPE=HEAP SELECT DISTINCT Datum FROM Tagesberichte AS TB WHERE
Besucher_ID=10021 '
020117 18:37:55  Error running query, slave aborted. Fix the problem,
and re-start the slave thread with "mysqladmin start-slave". We stopped
at log 'samba-bin.001' position 536
020117 18:37:55  Slave thread exiting, replication stopped in log
'samba-bin.001' at position 536

the file is actually there (in the data directory at least, i don't know
what is meant with the "./tropon..." directory exactly as it is a
relative path,
and i checked if mysql recognizes the data directory by setting some
unimpoortant settings in a my.cnf file in there - the changes where
accepted correctly, i did make sure to remove that testing file again.

When I connect to the database on the slave with mysql-client i get the
following:

Didn't find any fields in table 'Statistiken'
Didn't find any fields in table 'Tagesberichte'
Database changed

I see there are some tables which don't produce errors, but for all,
with or without errors, there are .frm files in the data directory,
i see there are different file permissions for differenbt table files,
but again the failing tables don't have something of those in common.

has anyone an idea what i can look for?

henning