>looks more like an MP3 player than a db admin tool.

Which is not necessary a bad thing :) I guess the main reason why linux is
not growing its user base on desktops is the awful design of the UI of all
basic apps. In addition to the lack of compatibility to M$ tools..

>Incidentally, their database admin tool, called Navicat, looks awfully
>familiar...  It's basically just a rebranded/reskinned version of
>SciBit's Mascon. The rest of the MySQL Studio consists of stock,
>installable versions of MySQL Max, Apache, PHP and MyODBC.

You're right. There seems to be actually an additional launcher for MySQL
server, some extra manuals and a hate-me nag-screen in the admin.

There is also Mac release, which looks quite different:
http://www.mysqlstudio.com/mac_detail.php3. Has anyone tried that yet?

cheers,
dutch