Hi,

I am a newby on MySql and more less a week ago I tried to install it on my
SuSE 7.1. I followed the instruction in the manual, but when I run the
command 'safe_mysqld --user=mysql &' the daemon mysqld didn't start. So I
tried with the command 'safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables &' and the daemon
mysqld started. Why the command 'safe_mysqld --user=mysql &' didn't go? For a
my mistake I run another time the command 'mysql_install_db', so, when I try
to execute the command 'safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables &'  I recive this
error in linux.err:

020120 10:26:37  mysqld started
020120 10:26:37  Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: Permission denied
020120 10:26:37  Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket:
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock ?
020120 10:26:37  Aborting
020120 10:26:37  mysqld ended

How can I resolve this problem?