From: Oleg Prokopyev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> freebsd 4.4 stable mysql3.23.47
>
> when i start it - it works -
> but after 10-15 minutes cpu usage became about 100%
> and mysqld do not responds to any query

Yes. It's caused by a problem in the FreeBSD threads
library, and this problem has been around for some time.

FreeBSD 4.2RELEASE worked ok, IIRC, but basically you
cannot rely on FreeBSD's userland threads to work ok with
MySQL. There's too many people who've had problems
with make kernel/make world. They upgrade a version, and
'pffft' MySQL stops working properly.

You can check out the mailing list archives on this problem
on deja : newsgroup *mysql*
keywords : freebsd threads cpu

Sorry I don't have happier news. It does work fine on
Linux though, and if you must use BSD try OpenBSD or
NetBSD which use a different thread library.

Russ.