freebsd2#  cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
freebsd2# make pre-fetch
You may use the following build options:

        WITH_CHARSET=charset    define the primary built-in charset
(latin1);
        WITH_XCHARSET=list      define other built-in charsets (may be
'all');
        DB_DIR=directory        Set alternate directory for database
files
                                (default is /var/db/mysql).
        WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes   Use the linuxthreads pthread library.
                                This is _NOT_ recommended for
production
                                servers. Expect problems when enabled.
        SKIP_INSTALL_DB=yes     Skip mysql_install_db
                                (i. e. leave /var/db/mysql alone).
                                This is useful for upgrades.
                                Be sure to know what you are doing!
        SKIP_DNS_CHECK=yes      don't run resolveip to do an
additional
                                DNS check before inserting local
hostname to
                                mysql database.
                                Use if your machine has no offical DNS
entry.
        BUILD_STATIC=yes        Build a static version of mysqld.
        BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes     Add -mcpu=pentiumpro -O3 to CFLAGS.
                                This setting may produce broken code
and thus
                                is not recommended for production
servers.

freebsd2#

You want to use the WITH_LINUXTHREADS option as well as DB_DIR  (and
whatever else you want) to build your mysql.

Hope this helps.