At 11:32 AM -0600 1/25/02, Dan Nelson wrote:
>Why would the MySQL TODO mention an MS SQL feature? :)

Because the MySQL team wants to add a feature that is found in another DBMS?

>OK, so it's actually a synonym for tinyint(1).

I could not find a reference to the synonym in the MySQL
documentation (in the data type section).

Question remains, can one effectively index tinyint(1)?

Als, back to the original question, in light of bit being equivalent
to tinyint(1), I suppose storing Y/N is better achieved through the
use of CHAR(1).

--
Michael
__