On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Marjolein Katsma wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:33:29 +0100
> From: Marjolein Katsma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: MySQL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Urgent Business Assistance.
>

> At 03:52 2002-01-30, Todd Williamsen wrote:
> >If its so urgent and private then why are you spamming a mail list?  I
> >smell scam, or is that Spam?
>
> It's both.
>
> And please do not quote the *whole* spam - the loss of bandwidth (it goes to every
>subscriber!) from the actual spam is already bad enough.
>
> Replying to the spammer is useless, too - they do NOT subscribe. Spammers are lazy.
>
> Grrr: database,sql,query,table

Just my $0.02..
Look for the web site or email they push, not the originating we address.
Do a traceroute to it and send to abuse@... their ISP and their ISP's ISP
and complain.  They have to be real addresses because they want you to
respond.  Works more effectively than unsubscibing.  Also, it a LOT of
people do it, the ISP usually will notice.

Sincerely,

William Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
CyberStrategies, Inc
ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27