> > I think a better question would be why ;-)
>
> To quote our beloved Basil Fawlty: "Do you think this is what made the
> British Empire great?"
>
> When asked why anyone would want to climb Mount Everest, George Lee Mallory
> answered: "Because it was there".
>
> Need I say more? :-)

=Hmm, a comparison between George LEIGH Mallory and Basil Fawlty ???

=Mallory would be an unfortunate comparison to the prospect of running SQL on a
PlayStation! He felt that the
use of oxygen equipment was somehow "unsporting". Nevertheless when he did use it, he
persisted in using
notoriously ineffective equipment. There was evidence at the last camp site, that they
were still fiddling with
the gear even as they departed on their final dash for the summit. Then comes the
question: did they make it?

=Equal to the anecdote about "because it is there", Mallory has also been used to
provide other 'inspiration' -
his project management/preparation for the task was notoriously lacking - to the
extent that he had to borrow
someone else's camera in order that he might record his success***

=Meantime Ed Hillary fronts an organisation that has stated amongst its objectives the
intent to get kids
'unstuck' from their computer games and taking part in outdoor activity
challenges/training. Makes one think
about planning a project to port to PS/2 doesn't it?

=dn

*** said item being of particular interest to those seeking to disprove that New
Zealand/Nepal were the first
countries to the 'top of the world' (in favor of England)!