At 4:46 PM +0100 2/3/02, Joseph Bueno wrote:
>Michael Collins a écrit :
>  > I am trying to normalize some MySQL tables and need to move a few
>>  columns from one table to another while maintaining the relationship
>  > between the two.
>  > SELECT DISTINCT ProductID
>>
>>  (SELECT
>>  ProductID,
>>  SmImage,
>>  ProductName,
>>  Description,
>>  LgImage
>  > WHERE ProductID=ProductID)
>  > FROM productSKU
>>
>  > How do I rewrite this query to get what I am after?

>Have you tried :
>SELECT DISTINCT ProductID,SmImage,ProductName,Description,LgImage
>   FROM productSKU ?
>
>If all records with same ProductID have also the same values for
>other selected fields it should work; otherwise, your normalization
>has some problem.
>
>Regards
>--
>Joseph Bueno

Unfortunately not, the Description differs. You are correct there is
a problem with normalization and that is what I am trying to fix. I
need to select the unique row based just on the ProductID column,
then move this foreign key to a record in a new table where ProductID
becomes the key. At the same time I want to import along with
ProductID a few more field values (which I can then remove from the
productSKU table).

--
Michael
__