On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 01:48  PM, Marcus Collins wrote:

> You can use REPLACE instead of INSERT -- see the manual entry:
>

> <URL:http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Reference.
> html#REPLACE>

Thanks Marcus!  My knowledge of MySQL is pretty basic.  It has also been
suggested that I use INSERT IGNORE (...) VALUES (...) -- my primitive
powers of deduction tell me that this would create a tiny bit less load
on the database, so I assume that this is probably the best course of
action, unless I'm making a mistake about the way MySQL processes data.
But now I know about both options!

Much appreciated,

Erik

----