On Monday 04 February 2002 11:59 am, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> >?This does look like a libc bug. How did you build either one of the
binaries?

> They're your binaries. ?I don't buld my own binaries on Linux to save
> the hassle of using libraries that are different from what you folks
> use. :-)
>
> Strangely, it's working now--after a reboot. ?I'm gonna keep an eye on
> that machine.

If it is working after reboot, I would name the disk cache corruption as the
primary suspect. My hypothesis is that you were unlucky to have libnss.so
cached in the buggy part of the disk cache. Although our binaries are
statically linked, on Linux calls to name resolving functions allways require
binary.

What kernel version are you running, and is this a virgin kernel from
kernel.org or a patched one from some Linux distribution?

P.S. "It works after reboot" is an ominous phrase that I hope will be chased
out of the Linux world quickly. We need to track down this problem ASAP and
send a full bug report to the kernel developers.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/