With all of the benchmark test I have used the same DB structure, same
TABLE structure, and finally same iterations.

 This probably means that Solaris I/O is really poor, or there is some other
explanation (like changing some kernel parameters to get Solaris working
well with DB kind of stuff).

 At the moment I am trying to find out exactly what is the problem. It
should not be MySQL itself because the first 2 boxes have different results
from the last 2 boxes. This leads me to the conclusion that Solaris is doing
something weird with the I/O. Unfortunately, I do not have Solaris 8 to test
MySQL in that environment.

 Note that all the boxes are running the same MySQL version so that could
not be the problem (3.23.47).

 Regards,

Nesh Nenad Mijailovic
Software Engineer