If you want to get the most out of MySQL, then you really need to learn to
use the command line tools.  MySQL has the easiest to use tools and language
of any database I've used.  SQL allows you to do really powerful things
easily.

Download the Windows version and install it.  You can use the mysql client
to connect to the remote server from your Windows box.  Alternatively, and
probably even easier, download an SSH client for Windows (do a Google search
for putty) and SSH in to your Linux box.  Then use the mysql client locally
there.

For long SQL queries like creating tables, I find it useful to type them up
in Notepad and then paste them into the client.  If you made a mistake, fix
it in Notepad and paste it again.  mysqldump is also a very handy tool for
viewing a table's schema.