> Ye, that did the trick.  I was able to get the daemon restarted using the
> --skip-grant-tables & option, however now I can't connect to the
> monitor.  Typing in /usr/bin/mysql I just get a hung cursor.  Same if I try
> using /usr/bin/mysql -h hostname mysql
>
> Anyone know why I can't get the monitor started?

If you have to forcibly terminate mysql, you might want to
run some integrity checks to make sure nothing's broken. This
-might- be hanging your mysql client.

Shut the server down, run  myisamchk /var/lib/mysql/*.MYI
and then restart it and try reconnecting.

NOTE: The actual check command may vary depending on
the MySQL version.

--
Michael Bacarella              | 545 Eighth Ave #401
                               | New York, NY 10018
Systems Analysis & Support     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Managed Services               | 212 946-1038