Hi,

I have been trying to build a 1 billion row database, in mysql version
3.23.47, under Suse 7.3, but failed a several times, i reached around
600.000.000 rows...
The table has an int(10) unsigned and a bigint(20) field, indexed by the
bigint(20) field.
The hardisk is 26GB SCSI, the computer is a dual Pentium III  with 1GHz, with
2GB memory

I'd like to have your opinion about what should I be carefull at the table
creation or mysqld settings, and how fast will be the queries in this 1
billion row and if its worth to make all in 1 table.

Thank you,
Magyari Istvan