Hi,
An int datatype takes 4 bytes and a bigint 8 bytes. . Since there is an index
created with bigint it will take an additional 8 bytes for the data and
some more
bytes for the pointer to the table rows. Thus a bare minimum
of 20+ bytes is consumed corresponding to a row of data. A billion records
will
then need 20+GB of FREE disk space. The database may have many other
overheads, for building indexes etc.
You may also check the size of the operating system files for the table and
index for the space consumed for 600M row.
By dividing the total space by 600,000,000 will give you the space needed
for a single
row of data.
What is the free disk space available before inserting the data? How do you
commit the data? What is the table type?

Anvar.