Not only will mysqldump allow you to work on a specific table, but it will
also allow you to dump directly from one table into another. Sounds like
exactly what your looking for.
You'll need to use the correct syntax to keep it from adding CREATE TABLE
statements, but it's all clear on this page.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/mysqldump.html

Cary

query