On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 09:41:25PM -0700, Sasha Pachev wrote:
> Dear MySQL users,
>
> I have just pushed my latest changes in the replication code in our
> 4.0 development tree, which change the slave to use two threads -
> I/O thread that gets the data from the master and logs it, and SQL
> thread which processes the logged data. I have tested it
> extensively, and it has passed all of my tests.  However, as we all
> know, field testing tends to find nasty bugs that have not been
> caught in regression tests and visual code examination.

Excellent.  I'm ready to test...

> Testing the new code is relatively easy, and does not require
> risking the stability of your application by running alpha
> code. Here is what you need to do:
>
> Find a machine that will act as a test server. With the availablity
> of Linux and FreeBSD, this can be done cost-effectively by
> sacrificing some useless dust-gathering PC in your office. In some
> case, you may even try it with your own desktop.

Got it.

> If you want to do it this very moment, read the instructions at
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/Installing_source_tree.html and install
> a pre-release 4.0.2 MySQL on your test server. You may also wait
> until 4.0.2 is released, but in that case, replication in 4.0.2 may
> have a bug you could have caught on your system and it will not be
> fixed until 4.0.3.

I just updated my bitkeeper tree and have been having a hell of a time
getting it to build.  I've checked that I have automake 1.4 and
autoconf 2.13.

I run `BUILD/compile-pentium --prefix=/home/mysql` and it fails after
several minutes.  The output is large, so I've posted it here:

  http://public.yahoo.com/~jzawodn/mysql-build.log

(the good stuff is at the end, of course...)

I believe I've followed the directions properly, but let me know if it
looks like I've missed anything.

Thanks,

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.47-max: up 3 days, processed 112,608,902 queries (396/sec. avg)