Keith,

> I have the below query that returns the correct records but the
> POINTFUND.description field is all NULL while it has values in the table.
> Any idea why?  Thanks.
>
> SELECT
>
> RACES.RACE_ID,
> RACES.sequence,
> TYPES.typelong,
> SCHEDULE.event,
> SCHEDULE.date,
> PARTY.lname,
> POINTFUND.description
>
> FROM
>
> TYPES LEFT JOIN RACES ON RACES.TYPE_ID = TYPES.TYPE_ID
> LEFT JOIN POINTFUND ON POINTFUND.TYPE_ID = TYPES.TYPE_ID,
> SCHEDULE,
> PARTY
>
> WHERE
>
> RACES.SCHEDULE_ID = SCHEDULE.SCHEDULE_ID AND
> PARTY.PARTY_ID = SCHEDULE.TRACK_ID
>
> ORDER BY
>
> SCHEDULE.date, PARTY.lname

Obviously the syntax of the SQL command is ok, else the RDBMS would have told you. The
answer may lie in the
definitions of the races, types, and pointfund tables; or in the data contained in the
join-ing fields (neither
of which are shown here).

Two suggestions:
1 simplify the query to deal with pointfund and one other first, then add another
tbl/join, etc, until you have
rebuilt the entire query - your formatting is 'clean' and allows the insertion of #
comment symbols at the
beginning of lines to remove/return then easily (and without loads of typing/retyping)
2 have you tried running EXPLAIN to see what MySQL thinks of it all?

Let us know how you get on!
=dn