I have a large data set (15 mil rows) consisting of a datetime column
and a char(255) column.  I seem to recall seeing something about
performance benefits for using static length rows with MyISAM tables,
and I've heard some argument for using dynamic length rows (e.g., use
varchar rather than char) in InnoDB tables.  So for performance sake
(assuming no index can be used), which is better for these table types?

I can imagine that using dynamic length would be better in the case of
an IO bottleneck, but maybe there is an efficiency gain from knowing
where the records start and stop ahead of time..?

Thanks,=20
Eric

uugh. sql.