hi,

on redhat 6.2, you have a package manager (rpm) version which cannot
interpret rpm's created with package manager version 4. afaik, rpm 3.0.6
is able to read both formats, so you should upgrade your package manager
software to  version 3.0.6 to be able to install the new mysql package.
don't know if there any libc issues, though.

bye

michael