Loretta,

please look in the manual http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html :

If InnoDB prints an operating system error in a file operation, look from
section 13.2 what that error code means. Usually the problem is one of the
following:

You did not create InnoDB data or log directories.
mysqld does not have the rights to create files in those directories.
mysqld does not read the right my.cnf or my.ini file, and consequently does
not see the options you specified.
The disk is full or a disk quota is exceeded.
You have created a subdirectory whose name is equal to a data file you
specified.
There is a syntax error in innodb_data_home_dir or innodb_data_file_path.

If something goes wrong in an InnoDB database creation, you should delete
all files created by InnoDB. This means all data files, all log files, the
small archived log file, and in the case you already did create some InnoDB
tables, delete also the corresponding .frm files for these tables from the
MySQL database directories. Then you can try the InnoDB database creation
again. It is best to start the MySQL server from a command prompt so that
you see what is happening.
3 The system cannot find the path specified. ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

Error number 3 means you have not created the InnoDB data or log
directories. Please use the MS-DOS mkdir command to create the directories.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---