Hi,
It would be time consuming to understand why the server crashed and then
repair the server, as u say it is a mission crtical one , the quickest way
to get it up and running would be to back up the database (copy the ur
database directory completely under the data directory) reinstall MySQL
cleanly and get the DB back in action again.Also make sure u've got a
'release' build of MySQL, I got the following info from a site hope that
helps..

Signal 11 Description :
Signal 11, or officially know as "segmentation fault", means that the
program accessed a memory location that was not assigned. That's usually a
bug in the program. So if you're writing your own program, that's the most
likely cause. However, this FAQ will concentrate on the possibilities
besides that.
The cause can be software or (most likely) hardware for a Signal 11 crash.
Read on to find out more. (*) Of course nothing is Linux specific. If your
hardware is flaky, Linux, Windows 3.1, FreeBSD, Windows NT and NextStep will
all crash.  If you are not reading this at http://www.BitWizard.nl/sig11/,
that's where you can find the most recent version.

cheers,
Sundara Pandian,
Megasoft Ltd,
India.