Just recently installed FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and cvsup'd to latest
4-STABLE. Updated ports tree and did a make install in
/usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server and received the following on the
mysql_install_db part:

/usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db
Preparing db table
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables
Fatal error 'Can't create gc thread' at line ? in file
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread
_create.c (errno = ?)
Abort trap - core dumped
Installation of grant tables failed!

Examine the logs in /var/db/mysql for more information.
You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --skip-grant &
You can use the command line tool
/usr/local/bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/local/bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
gives you a log in /var/db/mysql that may be helpful.

I saw that one other person had ran into the same thing, but the trail
ends there as I can't find if she/he ever resolved it. The version in the
ports of FreeBSD is 3.23.49, btw. Please help? This is and will be our
future ACM local chapter website, hopefully running MySQL. If we can ever
get it to install properly.

Thanks in advance.