On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:10:52AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Just recently installed FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and cvsup'd to latest
> 4-STABLE. Updated ports tree and did a make install in
> /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server and received the following on the
> mysql_install_db part:

I have not tried to install MySQL under 4.5-RELEASE yet, but, in
the past, I've never failed to build MySQL from source under FreeBSD.

What is the port accomplishing?  Maybe you could trying installing
MySQL from source.

Merely a suggestion; I realize this doesn't answer your question,
though...

> /usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db
> Preparing db table
> Preparing host table
> Preparing user table
> Preparing func table
> Preparing tables_priv table
> Preparing columns_priv table
> Installing all prepared tables
> Fatal error 'Can't create gc thread' at line ? in file
> /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread
> _create.c (errno = ?)
> Abort trap - core dumped
> Installation of grant tables failed!

Hmm, one problem I _did_ have, way back when: MySQL's makefiles
try to use '-O6' as a compiler flag.  Try setting that to something
sane like '-O2'.

>From source, I was doing this (to prevent segfaults under 4.1-RELEASE):

   env CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2" CXX=gcc \
             CXXFLAGS="-O2 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" \
   ./configure \
       --disable-shared \
       --enable-assembler \
       --enable-large-files \
      --without-debug

Good luck...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842