I am brand new to MySQL, and trying to get up to speed as fast as possible.
I have successfully installed both MySQL 3.23.47 and MyODBC 2.50.39.  I am
using VB6 and ADO in combination with MyODBC to connect to a database I have
already created.  However, I keep getting the following message:

"[TCX][MyODBC]Access denied for user: 'IDSIUser@localhost' (Using password:
YES)".

I am using the following connection string:

"DSN=FECDatabase;UID=IDSIUser;PWD=excalibur"

I am using the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library for the ADO.

I have created the System DSN with the following properties:

Windows DSN Name:       FECDatabase
MySQL host(name or IP): localhost
MySQL database name:    FECData
User:                   IDSIUser
Password:               excalibur

The following options have been turned on for the DSN:
Return matching rows
Don't prompt on connect
Change BIGINT columns to INT

I created the User IDSIUser with the following command:

GRANT ALL ON FECData.* TO IDSIUser@'%' INDENTIFIED BY 'excalibur'

Can anyone possibly tell me what I have left out or what I am doing wrong,
or just point me to some documentation that will help me sort out the
problem?

Thanks for the help.