There is a huge difference between a NULL and NOT NULL  and an empty string
and it would be handled in the table definition statements of the 'new' RDBMS
usually with a default column setting.

However, in this case the MySQL columns values are NULL the problem
(if it is one) is that /N does not mean NULL in other RDBMS and you have
to craft a method of converting or parsing the data either at load or
pre-load to another format to allow for the /N.

e.g. Oracle would use a nullif (column name ="//N") in a sql load script but
that is a real pain to have to do with a large number of tables involved.

There does not appear to be any way to figure out an alternative method
of outputing a NULL value... that was what I was driving at...

If it were possible to produce a csv file say where the values for a
row were exportable as:

7543753, 4545, hgchkgc,,,,,

or

7543753, 4545, 'hgchkgc','','',,'',''

Instead of:

7543753, 4545, hgchkgc,/N,/N,/N,/N,/N

Where you can see the difference between a string and numerical null
columns even

I'd be happier ....

Is this possible at MySQL mysqldump execution time.

Regards,

Dominic