From: Shon Stephens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: perl mysql DBI::db question

i am trying to write a program in perl and am getting a mysql error from my
module. here is the error:

DBI::db=HASH(0x294738)->disconnect invalidates 1 active statement handle
(either destroy statement handles or call finish on them before
disconnecting) at ./pop.pl line 124, <GEN1> line 2."

i think a finish statement is what i need, but i don't know how to exec it
properly. here is the code loop that generates this message

       my $sql_check = $dbh->prepare("select user,password,prefs from users
where username='$LNAME'");
        # I dont like the below die statement, it should exit gracefully.
        $sql_check->execute or die "Can't connect to users table :
$dbh-errstr";
        my ($t_user,$t_password,$t_prefs) = $sql_check->fetchrow_array();
        $dbh->disconnect;
        if($debug_state) {
                print "S: $t_user,$t_password,$t_prefs\n";
        }

thanks,
shon