Shon wrote
> i am trying to write a program in perl and am getting a mysql error from my
> module. here is the error:
>
> DBI::db=HASH(0x294738)->disconnect invalidates 1 active statement handle
> (either destroy statement handles or call finish on them before
> disconnecting) at ./pop.pl line 124, <GEN1> line 2."
>
> i think a finish statement is what i need, but i don't know how to exec it
> properly. here is the code loop that generates this message
>
>        my $sql_check = $dbh->prepare("select user,password,prefs from users
> where username='$LNAME'");
>         # I dont like the below die statement, it should exit gracefully.
>         $sql_check->execute or die "Can't connect to users table :
> $dbh-errstr";
>         my ($t_user,$t_password,$t_prefs) = $sql_check->fetchrow_array();
# Here insert:
 $sql_check->finish();
>         $dbh->disconnect;
>         if($debug_state) {
>                 print "S: $t_user,$t_password,$t_prefs\n";
>         }
According to the DBI documentation, the finish statement is only needed if
there are more rows available to fetch.
Are you sure that your query can only return 1 row?

Regards, Paul

Paul B. van den Berg               email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Social Pharmacy and Pharmacoepidemiology
University Centre for Pharmacy     tel:31-50-3633331 fax:31-50-3632772
Ant. Deusinglaan 1  9713 AV Groningen  Netherlands