Hi All,

I want to make my publicDB available for anonymous access from everywhere
and spend hours and hours reading the manuals and FAQ's and searching the
web, but can't make it work.

After deleting all entries in mysql.user apart from root@localhost:

grant select on publicDB.* to johan; works for johan from everywhere
grant select on publicDB.* to ""; doesn't work for e.g. johan1 from
anywhere, apart from localhost.

There is a line: "%" "" "" N N N ... in mysql.user and a line: "%"
"public.DB" "" Y N N ... in mysql.db and mysql.host is still empty.

I must have overlooked something. Any ideas?

I just want _only_ this db to be available for anonymous access to the
world.

Thanks,
Johan