I am a new comer to the sql world.  I have some but brief knowledge of perl.
here goes!

I am using mysql on a Winnt platform and I have perl 5 installed on it.  I
did setup dbi in perl and I know that mod is working.  I have been trying to
get one of the scripts that came with the copy of mysql
(mysql_setpermissions.pl) to work.  I have it in my cgi-bin (the only place
I execute perl scripts.  When I run this script it does nothing it just
hangs until the cgi times out.

Most of the things I have read about in all the documentation and even this
mail help is reared for the Unix/Linux users.  I have tried to get a linux
server to work but that is a different issue.

anyways I must be missing some clues to get mysql to talk to my scripts and
to my web browser. Is there anyone out there with Winnt to mysql experience

HELP!!!!