In an effort to encrypt private data in my database (national id numbers,
credit card numbers, passwords) I have had to resort to writing code in my
application using the Blowfish algorithm.  Is there any facility for doing
this within MySQL (on Windows)?  Any third party tools out there?  For
speed reasons, I don't want to encrypt everything, just the private data in
database?

If I have to use the Blowfish algorithm in my client app, is there any
standard way of handling keys.  I realize this opens up a huge area, but I
was curious if there are any simple ways of key handling short of storing
it in the executable code of the client app.

Also, while we are on the subject, any recommendations of inexpensive SSH
server (and client) software for connecting two Windows 98 machines?

Craig

sql, query