On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 10:05:50AM +0530, Chetan Lavti wrote:

> I am using MySQL 3.23.47 and InnoDB table type on Linux7.1 platform.
> Now,for this database backup and recovery procedures are given as :
>
> 1.    Taking 'binary' backup of the database.
> 2.    Using the mysqldump utility
>
> In the first method we do the following things :
>
> ·     Shut down your MySQL database and make sure it shuts down
> without errors.
> ·     Copy all your data files into a safe place.
> ·     Copy all your InnoDB log files to a safe place.
> ·     Copy your `my.cnf' configuration file(s) to a safe place.
> ·     Copy all the `.frm' files for your InnoDB tables into a safe
> place

Yes, in fact, it looks like you grabbed that right out of the InnoDB
docs. :-)

> And the second method is just a utility which is to run without
> shutting down the server.(with the disadvantage of slower speed of
> the Backup and recovery)
>
> Am I right ??

Yes.

> Actually I am new to this field and I want that this is to be done
> through the Web. How should I do that.??

What does "through the web" mean?  You want to initiate the backups
via a web page?  You want to be able download the backup files that
way?  Something else?

Tell us what you're trying to do and we'll try to help.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.47-max: up 24 days, processed 812,615,871 queries (382/sec. avg)