Using UltraDev 4 with Phakt 1.2.1, linking to a MySQL server 3.22.23
I want to develop a SQL SELECT query where I can vary what customers are
listed depending on the value of various form fields.

For example if the check box surname_all is ticked then all customers are
displayed if not then it displays all customers where the surname lies
between surname_from to surname_to.

I couldn't find an appropriate way of handling this in MySQL directly so my
aim was to determine the SQL portion outside the query and then append it to
the query:

if ($surname_all == -1){
$surname_query = "WHERE surname between $surname_from and $surname_to";
} else {
$surname_query = "";
}

NB - If $surname_all = -1 then it has been ticked.

And then I would declare my SQL statement as

"SELECT * from customers".$surname_query

UltraDev doesn't like this and so I would appreciate any help in either a
better way to code it in UltraDev or a SQL statement that would achieve the
same aim.

Thanks for your help