Hi,

I have a form with two fields surname_from and surname_to, I want to be able
to do a select query where the results will lie between these to values.
That's easy enough but I also want to include all results where the record
field (surname) matches the first part of the fields - in effect a BETWEEN
query incorporating the LIKE function.

For example

select * from consumers surname BETWEEN '$surname_from' AND '$surname_to'

assume $surname_from = A and $surname_to = B

would only return results where the surname is A or greater but less than B,
but I would like to include all records where records also start with B.

For example it would return

Allan
Anderson
Appleby