Hi!

On Mar 05, Klaus Weyhe wrote:

> Hello ... Is there anybody out there..,
> who can tell me how to create the parameteres for the mi_rkey function in
> the myisam library.
> I've tried to create the key by concatenating the key segments.
> Apparently  that dosn't work. I get errcode 120,(Key not found ??).
>
> I'm trying to migrate from INFORMIX c-isam to MySQL.
>
> Besides: Have I understood the manual right, when I asume that descending
> key are not allowed(only ascending) ??

Several points -

1. you'd better send this email to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
   it was created for questions like this

2. take a look at mi_test?.c examples - there're multi-seg keys there.

3. descending keys are allowed. There's flag HA_REVERSE_SORT

4. To migrate from c-isam there's no need to use MyISAM functions
directly. Take a look at MySQL HANDLER command - it provides direct
access to low-level isam functions, bypassing SQL optimizer.
You'll get client-server architecture, and - most probably -
higher performance with it (due to cache issues).
Btw, this HANDLER comand was created precisely to simplify
c-isam -> MySQL migration.

Regards,
Sergei

--