Dear group.
(Debian 2.4.19, MySQL 3.23.49)

I have problem with starting multiple servers on one machine.

According documentation it is enough to start each another then first
server using ex.:

safe_mysqld --socket=/..path../mysql.socket.x --port=numberx &

and so on.
And this is enough when the server I'm starting is second.

But. When I'm trying to start third one (using the same ex. as above)
 I recive error that mysqld is already active.

I'm so more confused that the script /etc/init.d/mysql.server contains nothing
 more then call:

safe_mysqld &

!!!

Can someone tell me where I am wrong (if I am ;-))) ?

Thanks in advance.

Marek Wysmulek.