Egor:

Yesterday, I wrote and described that my fix for a single cpu, non-RAID environment
was installing a new version.
What I didn't say at the time is that the mysql.sock file was present exactly where it
was supposed to be and at
exactly the location the error message said it couldn't find it:
var/lib/mysql/mysql.socket.  Go figure.

There is obviously something else going on, but I am ill-equipped to say what it is.
The point I am trying to make,
however, is that the procedures in the manual and all the stock answers are failing to
provide a correction in many
cases.  I'm happy to have 3.23.49a functioning and now want to get to work with it.
However, if there are data to be
collected that would be helpful, I suppose I can revert to the RPM that came with
RH7.1 and see if I can re-create the
failure.

Doug
Bot Bottleneck Botulin - query