OK..here is my intention and my dilemma.

I work with a new not-for-profit organization and I am creating a database
for contact information.  I would like this to be a dynamic DB in that it is
available to the rest of the board members so they may search and view info
on various types of contacts.  Right now it will only be for lookup as I am
keeping the master "data" elsewhere and just loading updates.  However, I
will eventually open it up so that data may be added/edited by the other
board members.

My hosting company supports MySQL and both Chilisoft ASP and PHP.  They have
phpMyAdmin installed as a management system (to create tables, load data,
etc.)  However, I need to set up pages in which users can look up and
add/delete data.  My problem is that I cannot connect to the DB other than
through the phpMyAdmin interface they have set up.  I have asked the
provider to give me the connection information (I obviously have the login
and password but need the "host"), but they sent me a link to
http://list.cobalt.com/mailman/listinfo/cobalt-users (wtf...???)

Either my provider does not know what to give me for the connection strings
or I did not state my intentions clearly enough.  Considering they host the
site for free, I cannot complain too much :o)

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.

Theresa