On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Mohamad Waluyo wrote:
> I tried to run mysql.server start on mysql that I just installed.
>
> OS I use is  SCO Open Server Rel 5.00
>
> The error I received is
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [/usr/local/mysql]:mysql.server start
> ./support-files/mysql.server: @HOSTNAME@: not found
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [/usr/local/mysql]:Starting mysqld
> daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
> 020313 14:07:14  mysqld ended
>
> Description : mysqld ended everytime I start the server which's not supposed
> to.
>
> Any help is really highly appreciated

Do you have all the patches installed?  This version had major flaws that
only an upgrade to at least 5.0.4 will fix.  I really recommend updating
to 5.0.6a  You have to have all patches installed to even have a chance of
it working.  Make sure you have installed the threads package and the
libraries and linkers.  Then install the patches.  Some patches for the
Developement System fix libraries and the linker.  You may also need to
install some of the Skunkware files.  This version needed the Skunkware to
be installed as well.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044