Hi All,
I have good Sybase experience and I have installed
MySQL in a Linux box. Can u please answer my following
queries:
1. When I run safe_mysqld I get "Starting mysqld
daemon with database from /var/lib/mysql 020314
17:00:01 mysqld ended" do this   mean   a successfull
start or failure ?
2. How to check if mysql server is up ?
3. Is there any startup log-file generated (Sybase
generates one ).
4. Is there any default user created when the mysql is
installed ( in saybase it sa with null password)

I choose to ask you because I found a lot of mail from
you so I think you are already using it !!

Suuresh R. Soni