From: "Todd Williamsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Try turning the CAPs off first... Makes it easier to read...

I second that motion.   :)

> Second...
>
> You are using ADOB to connect to mySQL?  Is that what you are doing?
> Using ASP?  Try using PHP, easier to learn and is much more compatible
> with mySQL.  ASP/mySQL can be used, but it's a pain, plus ASP has its
> limitation that is more limiting than PHP.  I use to use ASP, but it
> sucks and a pain in the ass to configure and just to connect the
> database.  Yes, Access has its limitations.  You can use it, but your
> load would need to be light.  Mysql is a very lightweight DB and barely
> uses any ram to run it.  It is very, very fast (with PHP), and I prefer
> it over MS SQL server and Oracle, both which I have experience in.

Further to that...

If you end up going with PHP over ASP, you're two thirds of the way there.
Leave IIS behind and try out Apache (www.apache.org/httpd). It's also free,
fast, and reliable. From what I can tell, you're running the servers on a
Win32 or NT box; I've run the Apache/PHP/MySQL combination on both platforms
before, and just as stable as the IIS combo could be.

I don't have a lot of experience with IIS, but what I do know is that
getting MySQL up and running on a Windows box was the hardest part (of
Apache, PHP, and MySQL). If you've already got that, Apache really shouldn't
be too hard. The documentation for Apache is pretty good, too, even on
Windows platforms.

(never thought I'd be one of those guys that sits on lists and plugs open
source, but hey -- the times are a-changin'!)

--
denonymous
www.coldcircuit.net