I'll third it!

> > Second...
> >
> > You are using ADOB to connect to mySQL?  Is that what you are doing?
> > Using ASP?  Try using PHP, easier to learn and is much more
compatible
> > with mySQL.  ASP/mySQL can be used, but it's a pain, plus ASP has
its
> > limitation that is more limiting than PHP.  I use to use ASP, but it
> > sucks and a pain in the ass to configure and just to connect the
> > database.  Yes, Access has its limitations.  You can use it, but
your
> > load would need to be light.  Mysql is a very lightweight DB and
barely
> > uses any ram to run it.  It is very, very fast (with PHP), and I
prefer
> > it over MS SQL server and Oracle, both which I have experience in.
>
> Further to that...
>
> If you end up going with PHP over ASP, you're two thirds of the way
there.
> Leave IIS behind and try out Apache (www.apache.org/httpd). It's also
> free,
> fast, and reliable. From what I can tell, you're running the servers
on a
> Win32 or NT box; I've run the Apache/PHP/MySQL combination on both
> platforms
> before, and just as stable as the IIS combo could be.
If you configure it well, even more so :) And it wont make your server
unusable under relatively small loads.

> I don't have a lot of experience with IIS, but what I do know is that
> getting MySQL up and running on a Windows box was the hardest part (of
> Apache, PHP, and MySQL). If you've already got that, Apache really
> shouldn't
> be too hard. The documentation for Apache is pretty good, too, even on
> Windows platforms.
>
> (never thought I'd be one of those guys that sits on lists and plugs
open
> source, but hey -- the times are a-changin'!)

I too highly recommend using PHP/Apache/MySQL it is a proven solution
known to work incredibly well (even under very high loads of huge sites
:D)

Should you wish to continue using IIS/ASP, then I highly recommend that
you get the MyODBC drivers from mysql and use those directly from ASP
(don't know whether FrontPage does that for you, but it can be done, I
do it regularly)
:)

I must forewarn you that unless you are using Win2K Server or better (or
should I say more expensive), your IIS is crippled (by Microsoft) to
support only 10 connections, or pay up (>$800)!

If these suggestions make you uncomfortable, better stick to a Web
Hosting company :\.

Stephano Mariani