Thanks for your help :-)

The point ist, that I can start 'mysqld-nt --standalone' without problems
BUT STILL can't get the service run.

I do have installed the service correctly (liek all the other service
running
my machine) but it always terminates with

>Could not start MySQL service on local computer.
>Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

Have you got any solution?

BTW searched with google for 'mysqld-nt 1067' but no solution for this
problem, only people explaining how to do it like the manual says - and
that's exactly what I (and a lots of other guys) did - but the error
remains.

Probably there is no solution for this probleme (nt bug) ?