At 11:35 +0000 3/20/02, Javier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a text file , with several MySQL instructions (CREATE TABLE, INSERT,
>SET @var, etc.).
>
>  I want to execute all these instructions from a C program , using the API.
>
>It is possible to use the function mysql_query(), to execute all the
>instructions contained in the file in a single call to this function? , Can
>I execute several MySQL instructions in one only call to mysql_query()
>function?

No.  Not for the C API, or for any API.  The client-server protocol
requires that you issue a single query at at time.

But there's nothing to stop you from writing a utility function that
takes all the statements and issues them.  Then you just call *that*
function once.

And remember that you don't include a terminating semicolon on the
statements when you use an API.