I'm trying to make a connection from a java app to a MySQL database I've
created on my local PC.  How can I tell the app where to look for the
existing database?

Code I'm working with:

Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver").newInstance();
Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:Testing@localhost:3306", "< my
username >", "< my pass >");
System.out.println("Connection Made.");

As you can tell from this, my database is named "Testing".  All I'm
trying to do right now is get a connection.  Right now when I run this
code I get "Error: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver
Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified".
I'm not sure I have the odbc driver setup correctly either.  I
downloaded "mm.mysql-2.0.11" but I'm not really sure how to bring it
into the mix as far as the driver goes.

Thanks for any direction.

Chris Stewart
[EMAIL PROTECTED]