which Driver your using?

which Operating system your using?
If your using linux, as far as I know there is now
odbc support. You have to downlaod mm.mysql driver.

If your are using windows you will have to create a
dsn name for the your selected driver.

--- Chris Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to make a connection from a java app to a
> MySQL database I've
> created on my local PC.  How can I tell the app
> where to look for the
> existing database?
>
> Code I'm working with:

Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver").newInstance();

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:Testing@localhost:3306",
> "< my
> username >", "< my pass >");
> System.out.println("Connection Made.");
>
> As you can tell from this, my database is named
> "Testing".  All I'm
> trying to do right now is get a connection.  Right
> now when I run this
> code I get "Error: java.sql.SQLException:
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver
> Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified".
> I'm not sure I have the odbc driver setup correctly
> either.  I
> downloaded "mm.mysql-2.0.11" but I'm not really sure
> how to bring it
> into the mix as far as the driver goes.
>
> Thanks for any direction.
>
> Chris Stewart