The problem is you are not entering any returns.  You can do this:

mysql> create table customers
 -->(Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
 -->First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
 -->LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,

Etc, until you get to the last:

-->;

That's it.

On 3/20/02 2:40 PM, "Colin Faber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suggest using one of the windows GUI clients to modify tables, rather
> than a command prompt (i.e. winmysql etc).
>

> alan4100 wrote:
>>
>> I am creating a database called Meet_a_Geek at MS DOS prompt. The customer
>> table has about 30 fields..no time counting..but I noticed that I cannot go
>> beyond 9 fields without ending with a semicolon. Also another problem crops
>> up when I tried to recreate the customer table with the remaining fields yet
>> to be created. The error message says "Customer Table existed".
>>
>> Is there a windows program that I can input all at once with ease? I know
>> more questions are keeping coming in...Please just refer me to good tutorial
>> sites so I can continue and finish this assignment.
>>
>> You may take a glance at my assignment below from cut and paste with dos
>> editor.
>>
>> mysql> use Meet_a_Geek;
>> Database changed
>> mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>> AUTO_INCREME
>> NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL);
>> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>>
>> mysql> show tables from Meet_a_Geek;
>> +-----------------------+
>> | Tables_in_Meet_a_Geek |
>> +-----------------------+
>> | customers             |
>> +-----------------------+
>> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>>
>> mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>> AUTO_INCREME
>> NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, address
>> VAR
>> CHAR(50), City VARCHAR(20), State VARCHAR(2), Zip VARCHAR(20), E_Mail
>> VARCHAR(20
>> ), Age INT);
>> ERROR 1050: Table 'customers' already exists
>> mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
>> AUTO_INCREME
>> NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, address
>> VAR
>> CHAR(50), City VARCHAR(20), State VARCHAR(2), Zip VARCHAR(20), E_Mail
>> VARCHAR(20
>> ), Age INT);

Allon Bendavid                                          Imacination Software
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            http://www.imacination.com/
805-650-8153