From:   alan4100 [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, March 20, 2002 3:31 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Adding Columns to table

I am creating a database called Meet_a_Geek at MS DOS prompt. The customer table has
about 30 fields..no time counting..but I noticed that I cannot go beyond 9 fields
without ending with a semicolon. Also another problem crops up when I tried to
recreate the customer table with the remaining fields yet to be created. The error
message says "Customer Table existed".

Is there a windows program that I can input all at once with ease? I know more
questions are keeping coming in...Please just refer me to good tutorial sites so I can
continue and finish this assignment.

You may take a glance at my assignment below from cut and paste with dos editor.

mysql> use Meet_a_Geek;
Database changed
mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREME
NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> show tables from Meet_a_Geek;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_Meet_a_Geek |
| customers             |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> create table customers (Customer_ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREME
NT, First_Name VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, LAst_Name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, address VAR
CHAR(50), City VARCHAR(20), State VARCHAR(2), Zip VARCHAR(20), E_Mail VARCHAR(20
), Age INT);
ERROR 1050: Table 'customers' already exists